Buildings in the National Register of Historic Places

McFarlin House

1610 South Carson  (map it)

Built: 1918

McFarlin House

This Prairie style mansion was built of reinforced concrete with a full-width stone portico over the entrance supported by six Doric columns. It was one of the first reinforced concrete residences in the southwest. The east elevation features stone lintels and keystones above the ground floor windows and doors. The red tiled hip roof on this two-story brown brick home has copper gutters and downspouts.

This building is significant for its association with one of Tulsa’s leading businessmen and civic leaders, as well as its architectural excellence and fine craftsmanship. Robert McFarlin, with his nephew James A. Chapman, formed the McMan Oil Company. McMan had one of the most successful operations in the Glenn Pool oil field. In 1910, McFarlin, with Harry Sinclair and other oil men, organized the Exchange National Bank of Tulsa, now the Bank of Oklahoma.

The Robert M. McFarlin House was listed in the National Register on December 25, 1979. It was listed under National Register Criteria C, and its NRIS number is 79002030.


View Larger Map

« Back to Buildings in the National Register of Historic Places