Art Deco Buildings in Tulsa

Warehouse Market Building

925 South Elgin Avenue  (map it)

Built: 1929

Warehouse Market Building

This long, one-story building with terra cotta adorned tower was designed by B. Gaylord Noftsger. Terra cotta at the buildings entrance includes two medallions with blue backgrounds. One medallion displays a goddess holding a sheaf of wheat and a cornucopia. The other displays a god holding an oil derrick and train engine. The Warehouse Market, also known as "The Farmers’ Market" was a principal supplier of groceries in Tulsa during the 1930s.

« Back to List of Art Deco Buildings