Going Through The COA Process
The process of applying for and receiving a Certificate of Appropriateness is very simple and straightforward with just a little advanced preparation. Consult TPC Staff early to ensure a smooth, successful application process — they are here to help!
Applicants complete a simple one-page form and provide supporting photographs, brochures, and drawings as necessary. There is no fee for a COA application.
Steps For Property Owners
- Decide on what work you want to do on your property.
- Refer to the district maps and confirm that your property is located in a historic preservation zoned district.
- If your property is located in a HP zoning district, review the design guidelines for your neighborhood to determine the appropriate design and materials for the work you want to do. This is an ideal time to contact TPC Staff, who would be happy to assist you.
- Develop a plan to carry out your work, including drawings of what you want your property to look like upon completion.
- At this point, you are ready to submit a simple one-page application form describing the proposed work.
- Your application will go through the COA review process.